Sunday, June 28, 2009

The stories we say

All of us use them, some of us make them and better still some of us live off them and still more hilarious some of us live with them. This post isn’t a moral science class. I stopped being judgmental a long time ago.

I have to tell you that I myself have used some of these to get out of tricky situations. Here are some of my all time favorites.

When I was doing my MBA in this really nice college in Bangalore-We had to submit an assignment on Financial Management. It was a very simple assignment & my gang used to be the first to do any assignment and then circulate it for others to do. But this time, even we were lazy and had not got our assignment done. I could give you a number of excuses, but none of them would get us out of the situation of not submitting the assignment on time. It was one of our class mates Birthdays and she was throwing a lunch party for majority of the class. Even at the party we couldn’t really enjoy Cz we were thinking of the assignment. This is when we came up with such a dramatic plan .We called up our prof and invited him to the party and generally sweet talked him.Well he couldn’t just turn up for the party on such a last minute invite,But we made him feel real guilty abt it.Infact we kept telling him we wouldn’t cut the cake till he came.He made the unfortunate mistake of saying he would still give her a gift she wanted.You can guess what we all asked for “ Sir please postpone the submission date for the assignment”-The date did get postponed-hhehehehhehehe

A guy forgetting a birthday or a date-Major crime. But this story is the best. My best friend used to go out of station to his home town every year when it was my Birthday, I used to get so upset that I used to cry and be mad about it. He called me from home and told me not to worry, He be back-This is when he made the mistake of telling me he had started a journal or a diary or something like that about the great times he had with my family and our life in Bangalore. Well he did come back after his visit home and I was expecting to see the journal. Unfortunately I never got to look at it. I kept asking him what happened.He told me such a tall story of him actually writing his journal in the Kalada bus( a bus which all malu’s are familiar with when they travel from Bangalore to Cochin) and he falling asleep and when he gets up, The journal is missing.-Wow aren’t you all smiling and wondering who on earth would have possibly stolen his journal. Do you suppose they thought it was the missing map to the treasures of the world- Guys give the tallest of tales.

Please share all of your views on this, Im all ears. Another thing –If any of you travelling in the Kalada bus happen to find this journal. Do tell me

5 comments:

  1. hahahaha .do i know this guy in any way :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whenever a man lies, it is for a good and honorable reason, and for the benefit of others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hafiz,

    You could also use this forum to proclaim I am hot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think if men lie for an honourable reason for the benefit of others,Then even women lie for the same reasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lets generalize this. Lies are for honourable reason and lies benifits others..

    We've evolved a new theory on Lie....

    Here by we proclaim, "Lie is Good"

    ReplyDelete