Monday, July 6, 2009

Strange conversations

Before I start this,let me make this proclaimation,I am not an expert on this,I just happen to have realised this.

When a gal says hmmmmmm she has thought of the numerous possibilities and has even narrowed on what she wants.When a guy says hmmmmmm, it is a noise buying him time.

I have observed that men use the hmmmmm in a face to face conversation also if you are using a chat messenger they still use the hmmmmmmm.Again let me tell you I cant thank God enough for my amazing family and friends,so my guy friends reading this.Dont get too upset with this.

I relocated from Bangalore and came to Abu Dhabi in December.When I was in Bangalore I used to every day be on the phone with a friend( yeah he a guy) and I used to go on and on and on about my day at work in a company I love so much,my fun times at work,what happened the previous day at home,In general a summary of what I had been upto since we had last spoke.I observed that very often I would keep blabbering and he would say hmmmmmm or hmmmmmmmmmm.Now there is a difference b/w the two hmmmmm.The shorter hmmmmm is an acknowledgement that he is ok with what I said and the longer hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is a question mark,which means I need to elaborate a little more.When I left Bangalore, unfortunately I couldnt make such expensive long distance calls.But you know what I miss those hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.However short of long.What ever the “H with M to the power of infinity” meant.I miss hearing them so much.To my friend who heard me out-This ones for you.

No all my readers this blog is not going to be too sentimental.I have to give you all more stories.

Now comes to other expressions guys use.

LOL- May be I am not as cool as all my guy friends.But any thing I type in a chat messenger window to them I get this response.If you tell them “Yeah,You know what they look good in a photo” and you tell them a whole story about the situation.You could have typed 20 lines of chat.The response “LOL”.You could tell them about how irritated you are with something they have done.The response a 1 liner “LOL”

Another expression “OK”.Now this word has earned its share of publicity.A lot of articles have been written that when women say they are “ok”,they actually aren’t and want guys to ask them what the deal is.But when men say “OK”.I am not sure what “OK” means.See I have a lot of stories to say and I love talking.But off late I get a strong feeling its like an over load giving too much information in one chat sequence.Sometimes I wonder the “OK” whether that is an acknowledgement that the whole chat message came to them and never got lost in transit or does the “OK” mean they have understood what I said,Better still is “OK” a word to get me to shut up.

Im not sure,But what ever it is.This post is for all my guardian angels,who put up with my nonsense.I don’t need to name you all.I know when you read this you would know what I mean.

I also bet when we get on to our next chat I will learn more from you all.
Closing with “LOL”, HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, hope this was “OK”

2 comments:

  1. nice one.. i tel.. as u know.. u talk a lot.. get back to ur listenin ways... u lost it somewhere in the line..

    besides... whn we u r at work n we r free.. u could afford to say u r at work talk to u in the evenin.. n the chat ends thr... but since tht evenin happens to be my @work time.. n bcoz i want and luv to listen to all tht u gotta say.....

    well u could hav mentioned about these "..."s too.. they speak a lot too.. count them n u'll know..

    keep goin, we all luv hearin u.. it aint no putting up.. wht can u do better.. juz one thing, listen we may hav things tht we need to say and perhaps not many ppl to say it to...

    ReplyDelete